Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Delicious and Easy Spinach Quesadillas

Okay, I am not one who generally (with few exceptions), truly enjoys diet food. My mom taught me how to make this dish and I have been in love since my first one a couple of years ago!

The great thing about this recipe is that you don't HAVE to make it low-calorie. Another great thing is that, if you do use the lower calorie version, it's still palatable. I'll write my personal recipe here, but feel free to substitute the low fat items for the ones you'd prefer.

Ingredients:
-two low carb or low cal tortillas (found in refrigerated section of grocery store in packs of 8-10)
-bag of fresh spinach (2 cups)
-low moisture, part-skim, shredded mozzarella cheese (1/4 cup)
-salsa (4 tbsp)
-fat free sour cream (4 tbsp)
-spray butter (fat and calorie free; I suggest I Can't Believe It's Not Butter)

Directions:
-warm saucepan on stovetop to mid heat
-add one tortilla after spraying the bottom of the pan with the butter
-quickly add 1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella
-quickly add 2 cups of fresh spinach
-add second tortilla and spray the top of it with butter
-flip within a couple of minutes so both sides cook thoroughly (beware of letting either side stay in the pan for too long so that you don't burn the tortilla...also, the quesadilla is generally ready when the spinach has shrunk down to a thinner size)

-top with 4tbsp of fat free sour cream, spread over top
-top with 4tbsp of salsa, spread over top, mixing in with sour cream

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment