Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Neely's Low Fat Easy Meatloaf

I'm new to this site. I will be posting recipes I enjoy here - unless they're family secrets. ;-) If I put "Neely's" in front of the title, I came up with the recipe myself or significantly altered it in some way. Hope you enjoy my site!

1 lb. ground beef
1/4 cup diced onion
1 slice white bread
1 egg
ketchup
Splenda

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Soak slice of bread in beaten egg. In large mixing bowl, use hands to mix together beef and onion. Add bread and remaining egg. Continue to mix with hand, allowing bread to fall apart. Line bread/loaf pan with heavy duty aluminum foil. Pour meat mixture into pan and form into a loaf. Mix about 1 cup ketchup with as much Splenda as preferred, usually 1/4 cup or so. Top meatloaf with ketchup mixture. Bake at 325 for 60 minutes, or one hour. Let cool for ten minutes before slicing. Very non-greasy, low-cal, and delicious. The Splenda in the ketchup tempers the slight spice of the onion.

No comments:

Post a Comment